Friday, August 26, 2016

Reading Options

Week Two Choice: Myth Folklore Unit: Aesop's Fables (Jacobs)
I am not very familiar with Aesop's Fables, at least not to my knowledge, but the description said they have been very influential for over 200 years, so that is why I am choosing to read them.

Other Interesting Units:
Myth Folklore Unit: Native American Hero Tales
This unit caught my attention because I am interested in Native American spirituality and identity. I figured this would be a good way to understand Native American culture.

Myth Folklore Unit: The Monkey King Sun Wu Kung
I am interested in Asian mythology, and the Monkey King is apparently a very famous character in Chinese folklore and literature.

Myth Folklore Unit: King Arthur
I grew up loving the stories of King Arthur and the knights of the round table. The tales of bravery, magic and betrayal have stuck with me throughout my life. I'm looking forward to going back over these stories.


This is the image from the Monkey King Sun Wu Kung unit. I like the artwork and style.
The Monkey King by Yoshitoshi.

No comments:

Post a Comment